Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We had a lot of apples this year from our three trees. We gave away many, but still had tons of apples. I have been trying all kinds of recipes lately. Today I decided to look up recipes online. I wanted to make apple fritters. Doesn't that sound nummy! I made a batch and took them to my writing group tonight. They were inhaled. So here's the recipe. Simple and delicious. Mix together 2 cups of flour (I used half whole wheat and half white), 3 Tablespoons of sugar, 2 beaten eggs and one cup of milk. Stir really well, cover with plastic and put it in the fridge for two hours. Dice up two cups of apples and add to the mixture. Drop by tablespoon into hot oil. Brown both sides. Lay on paper towels then coat them with powder sugar or a cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy.

No comments: